Out With The Old, In With The New

High School Auditorium receives a face lift…

Stock+Image

Stock Image

Max Northem, Reporter

It’s out with the old and in with the new here at the Alden High School auditorium. Matt Masci, Technology Integrator and Technical Director at the school has been working hard to improve the overall quality of productions as well as the equipment behind them all.  The school has been in need of new equipment in the auditorium for some time. The school has been making due with the equipment for productions quite well until now. Now. they have almost endless possibilities due to the upgrades. The Auditorium has recently been upgraded with new Crown amplifiers to power the sound system. As another upgrade to the sound system here at Alden, a new Behringer X32 Digital soundboard with more capabilities has been installed. Once the sound system was updated, another sound improvement was made. The High School clubs and Middle School clubs utilizing wireless microphones chipped in to purchase ten new wireless microphones for their productions.

Alden High School has also greatly improved the lighting system with highly efficient LED lighting and lighting capabilities. The old auditorium stage lighting has been taken down and surplused. There are twenty new Chauvet LED Pro lighting strips in the aud as well. These new lights are brighter, lighter, and much more energy efficient than the old standard bulb fixtures. These lights are far more capable than the old lights.  Also, the lighting console has been upgraded. These new upgrades will make the lighting both accessible and far more capable.  I talked to a few people that are part of the productions here, including stag crew and actors. Many people were extremely exited for the new equipment. They say that there exited to do all the many productions here.

A major reason for these progressive upgrades is because of the traffic in the venue. The Wilson R. Conrad Memorial Auditorium at Alden High School holds more than just Plays and Musicals. The auditorium holds more than fifty events a year not including summer programs for a variety of groups across the district and community. Now not just the school, but also the whole community has a better auditorium for all events that may be held.