WACS News.

Out With The Old, In With The New

High School Auditorium receives a face lift...

Stock+Image
Back to Article
Back to Article

Out With The Old, In With The New

Stock Image

Stock Image

Stock Image

Stock Image

Max Northem, Reporter

It’s out with the old and in with the new here at the Alden High School auditorium. Matt Masci, Technology Integrator and Technical Director at the school has been working hard to improve the overall quality of productions as well as the equipment behind them all.  The school has been in need of new equipment in the auditorium for some time. The school has been making due with the equipment for productions quite well until now. Now. they have almost endless possibilities due to the upgrades. The Auditorium has recently been upgraded with new Crown amplifiers to power the sound system. As another upgrade to the sound system here at Alden, a new Behringer X32 Digital soundboard with more capabilities has been installed. Once the sound system was updated, another sound improvement was made. The High School clubs and Middle School clubs utilizing wireless microphones chipped in to purchase ten new wireless microphones for their productions.

Alden High School has also greatly improved the lighting system with highly efficient LED lighting and lighting capabilities. The old auditorium stage lighting has been taken down and surplused. There are twenty new Chauvet LED Pro lighting strips in the aud as well. These new lights are brighter, lighter, and much more energy efficient than the old standard bulb fixtures. These lights are far more capable than the old lights.  Also, the lighting console has been upgraded. These new upgrades will make the lighting both accessible and far more capable.  I talked to a few people that are part of the productions here, including stag crew and actors. Many people were extremely exited for the new equipment. They say that there exited to do all the many productions here.

A major reason for these progressive upgrades is because of the traffic in the venue. The Wilson R. Conrad Memorial Auditorium at Alden High School holds more than just Plays and Musicals. The auditorium holds more than fifty events a year not including summer programs for a variety of groups across the district and community. Now not just the school, but also the whole community has a better auditorium for all events that may be held.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Out With The Old, In With The New”

1. Jill Peruzzi on September 23rd, 2015 9:14 am

I am excited to see how the plays and musicals will turn out with all of this new equipment! Hopefully the audio for the talent show will be a big improvement from last year as well.

2. chris dombrowski on September 23rd, 2015 11:39 am

I think it is cool that are school is adding a new soundboard and adding new lights and equipment to the auditorium. The new addition’s will be cool to have for up coming events.

3. Dylan Colosanti on September 23rd, 2015 1:57 pm

That’s great! It seems the school needed this new equipment and we got it, that’s rare! That makes me really exited about Alden and were its heading, especially the theater and how many new people are joining. This is good for them and how Alden looks. This will make our productions look and be even better. Thanks for letting me know.

4. Blake Richardson on October 19th, 2015 11:43 am

I think that this is awesome! Having new equipment for Alden is amazing! The new addition’s will be cool to have for up coming events. That is exciting!

5. Joshua Lewandowski on October 19th, 2015 1:27 pm

This new equipment will make all future plays, musicals and events that take place in the auditorium even more enjoyable to watch. The school and community should all be really happy about these changes.

6. Mr. Turton on October 26th, 2015 9:12 am

The ACS musical and theater productions are such an amazing display of student talent and advisor dedication. Keep up the great work!!

7. Dustin Adamski on March 13th, 2017 9:56 am

I think that it was a really good idea to to give the students new sound board and such to give the students the best of the best.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

St. Patrick’s Day Promo

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

Band-o-Rama 2019

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

BREAKING: Middle School Musical Opens Tonight

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

‘Disney’s High School Musical Jr.’ Opens Thursday!

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

VIDEO: Booth Tour

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

NYSTEA

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

Mary Poppins Teaser Trailer

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

VIDEO: ‘Mary Poppins’ Update

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

Alden High School’s Musical of 2018: ‘Mary Poppins’

• Out With The Old, In With The New

Arts

An Up-Cycled Christmas

Keeping Alden Connected!
Out With The Old, In With The New