Meet Mrs. Allison Hale

Alden welcomes a new addition to the English Department.

Meet Mrs. Allison Hale

Delaney Keppner, Reporter

Every year many new faces enter Alden High School on the first day of school. Between the entire freshman class, and new students that now attend the high school, sometimes it’s hard to keep track of all the new teachers that students see in the hallways or have for classes. This year one unfamiliar face can be found in room 115.

The first addition we have to Alden High School is Mrs. Hale who has come in to fill the large gap that was open in the English department after Ms. Weisbeck’s retirement. With Ms. Weisbeck’s energy and large role in the English department, plays, theatre club and much more it was obvious that these would be big shoes to fill. Luckily after a long and strenuous interview process it was clear that Mrs. Allison Hale was the best choice. This year Mrs. Hale will show her love for teaching through her English 9, 10 and 11 classes.

Mrs. Hale described her first few weeks here at Alden high School as being very positive, saying that she felt welcomed by the students and staff. In addition to this she voiced that the students seem excited to learn and are very well rounded. Even though Mrs. Hale already has taken on an ambitious schedule for this year, she still showed her interest to take on positions that needed to be filled. When given the opportunity, she stepped up and became not only the Freshman Class Advisor, but also as the Alden Varsity Cheerleading Coach. Mrs. Hale has been teaching for seven years and before arriving at Alden taught at Hamburg, West Seneca East and West Senior and The Buffalo Academy of Science.

Outside of teaching, Mrs. Hale enjoys anything outdoors, including running and snowboarding. Although it is clear that teaching is her passion today, originally Mrs. Hale wanted to become a lawyer but after a year of legal research discovered that her passion was found in teaching. Very happy with this decision, Alden is honored to have Mrs. Hale teaching in the district. In her short time here it is already very clear that Mrs. Hale will make a huge impact on our students and staff through her drive, positive attitude, and involvement. Mrs. Hale hopes to have all of her students to be “successful not only in school, but in their future endeavors,” and looks forward to being a part of it.