Annual College Fair Takes A Virtual Turn

The 2021 annual college fair is taking a virtual turn like most things are this year.

Students in 11th grade often attend college fairs to learn about different colleges in one place. It’s a great opportunity to talk to people about the real college experience.

“It’s a great way to talk to multiple colleges in one day,” said Alden High School guidance counselor Mrs. Hake.

There are many opportunities for financial aid and by attending a college fair, you definitely save money on campus visits.

In a normal year, students would be able to attend a college fair in a convention center and go to whichever tables they preferred. This year, since it’s virtual, college admissions representatives talk to students in groups based on different majors that they are interested in. Students should visit nacacnet.org to register for sessions based on their interests. The sessions will take place on different days and times depending on what students select.

“The biggest difference this year is that admissions representatives are trying to have certain sessions that will pique a kid’s interest while offering the ability to still talk to as many colleges as they want,” Mrs. Hake said.

Opportunities for students with military interests are also available.

“There’s great opportunities for military branches with representatives from the colleges at the fair,” Mrs. Hake continued. “These branches will have separate meetings for each of the branches of military colleges.”

College fairs can be a great way to solidify your choices or discover new ones, whether they are in person or virtual. Everyone here at WACS News wishes you the best when it comes to discovering the right college for you.