Teacher Appreciation

Morgan Rutan, Reporter

Teacher appreciation? You don’t really hear of that too often. This Friday October 2, 2015 the entire football team is honoring a teacher that really has stood out to them from kindergarten through high school. Each player will be walking onto the field with their teacher and the teachers will be honored. Teachers are not usually appreciated for all the hard work that they do so this is a great opportunity for them.
Riley Pastuszynski chose Mrs. Puntoriero for his teacher. Mrs.Puntoriero has only been here for a short time period this year but she has made a big impact on Riley already. Riley chose her because she helps him with his Spanish homework and just because she is just a great teacher overall. Asking Riley if Mrs.Puntoriero has inspired him in any way he stated “She has helped me become a better student and become more multicultural”. Riley said that teacher appreciation is also important to him as a student. He stated “teacher appreciation is important to me as a student because teachers should be recognized for all the hard work they do”. Mrs.Puntoriero said that she is very honored to be picked for this special night. “I have only been here for a couple of weeks I can’t believe I was picked but I am happy I was”. She has worked at other schools and no other school has done such a thing like this. She thinks this is a great idea and should be continued. Mrs.Puntoriero stated that the most important aspect of being a teacher is “Being able to be a role model and give a positive influence to teenagers”.
Mrs. Stotz was chosen by Josh Chester for teacher appreciation. Josh picked Mrs. Stotz because “In 8th grade she picked me for student of the year and I was the only one that ever appreciated her for that and she was very happy when I picked her” he explained. Josh stated that Mrs. Stotz has inspired him throughout 7th and 8th grade to become a better person and keep his grades up. Teacher appreciation is important to Josh he said due to Mrs.Stotz inspiring him a tremendous amount he still remembers all she has done for him to this day. Mrs.Stotz remembers having Josh in class and handing out an award to him and seeing the look on his face of how much he appreciated it. When Josh asked Mrs. Stotz she was very happy that he still thought about her. Mrs. Stotz stated “the most rewarding aspect of being a teacher is just this, having someone leave the school you taught them in and still come back to appreciate you”.
The senior boys got the first teacher pick and Aj Patterson picked Mrs. Siuta. Aj chose her because she is his favorite teacher and has had her for four years now as a teacher.Mrs. Siuta has inspired Aj to become a better student/better person and to focus on his school work more. Aj stated “teacher appreciation is important to me because teachers don’t get appreciated so this is a night to give to them”. Mrs. Siuta explained how great it feels to be chosen and how as a teacher you always love working with student and to be picked by a student just really means a lot. She thinks it is a great idea to recognize teachers because they don’t always get the “thank yous” that students think they do.
Teacher appreciation night is important to both the football players and the teachers. Being honored is a great feeling and an accomplishment to each teacher as they all explained. This shouldn’t be the only time where they get appreciated though just remember all of the things they actually do for you.
Riley Pastuszynski-Mrs.Puntoriero

Ethan Brown-Mr.Eggink

Kyle Baran-Mrs.Mertz
Christian Snell-Ms.Nguyen

Jon Kubiak-Mrs.Renaud

Gabe Kozak-Mrs.Kaderli
Bryan Cybulski-Mrs.Stoldt

JJ Foster-Mrs.Neiman

Payton Stroka-Mrs.Bailey
Jimmy Miller-Mrs.Willard

Bobby Myer-Mrs.M-C

Justin Daucher-Mrs.Moran
Kyle Roy-Mrs.Hazen

Charlie Varshay-Mrs.Nelson

Jarrett Miner-Mr.Matecki
Mike Handley-Ms.Ziegler

Joe King-Mrs.Regdos

Lyle Grant-Mr.Torge
Alex Handley-Mrs.Hale

Andrew Marx-Mrs.Santiago

Aj Patterson-Mrs.Siuta
Josh Chester-Mrs.Stotz

Jordan Stockweather-Mrs.Chaves

Adam Miller-Mr.Domino
Nick King-Mr.Burkhardt

Brendan Weierheiser-Mrs.Zelasko

Mike Grosshans-Mrs.Pyc
Adam Elis-Mrs.Laraba

Zach Loper-Mr.Kern

Jackson Kubik-Mr.Casillo
Andrew Chowaniec-Mr.Carll

Leyton Miner-Mr.Edward

Dylan Riddoch-Mrs.Kosinski
Ryan Hurley-Mrs.Vreisen

Paul Feitshans-Mr.Simon

Chris Greenwald-Mr.MacCowan
Matt Lamb-Mr.Foss

Evan Fix-Mrs.Yates

Jacob Passmore-Mrs.Hartman
Christian Longwith-Mr.McConkey