HIGH SCHOOL: February Students of the Month

Lyle Grant, Reporter

Were mid way through the school year and as classes are wrapping up, new ones are starting in full force.  So many of Alden High School’s students have worked hard and excelled on exams and finals.  A chosen few were selected as February’s students of the month!

Art -Carl F

Business – Morgan R

English – Emily S

Foreign Language – Samuel H

Math –  Cassidy H

Music –  Brooke S

Physical Education –Alyssa K

Science – Bryce Kaminski

Social Studies – – Samuel H

Technology – Michael B

Health  – Samantha M

Creative Thinking –  Ellenor M

Cassidy Hinsken works very hard in her college algebra class.  She does her homework daily, comes to weekly study groups and helps the members of her group during class.  Cassidy is friendly, polite and a nice person.

Morgan Rutan stayed focused through both Accounting and Business Communications. She worked well in groups with her peers and took initiative to seek help outside of class when she did not understand a concept. Morgan also took responsibility for her own learning when she was absent by getting her work and turning it in when she returned.

Carl F. just completed Drawing and Painting class and because of his consistent commitment to excellence in his work he has been selected for this honor.  He never settled for less than great in his artwork.  Carl always came into the studio during his free time, worked extra at home, and created work that is exceptional. Carl has a wonderful artistic eye for seeing what is needed to make art develop from good to great.

Ellenor did a great job on her final project for Creative Thinking class.  She showcased her own creative talents and those of the people in her life in very original ways.  She will be missed by her teacher next semester.

Congratulations to all students of the month.  Continue working hard and each month we will make Alden a better place.