Boys Track Season Preview

Boys Track Season Preview

Matthew Schuh, Reporter

This year the Alden Boys track team is looking to take the divisional championship this year which the boys haven’t done the last two seasons.  This year we are led once again by Ken Partell and Paul Casillo.  This year the boys have a strong core that consists of many juniors and some returning seniors.  The few returning seniors that will lead the team this year are Adam Czech and Carl Farrell for the distance team, Conrad Boucher and Michael Handley.

This season our distance team seems to be very strong with two seniors leading the way, Adam Czech and Carl Farrell. Also with the distance team is returning Junior Joshua Jeziorski and new coming Junior Owen Kissell and returning Sophomore Bobby Adams.

The Boys also have a solid sprinting crew this season led by Junior Christian Snell who is looking to run a 10.85 or faster this year to take the record for the 100m dash.  Snell is also looking to break the record for the 200m dash this year and go to sectionals and possibly states in both events this year.  We also have returning 400m sprinters Jeremy Jeziorski and Charlie Varshay.

We have a couple decent returning jumpers this year Senior Jarrett Miner and Junior Bradley Kibler.  We also have a new jumper, Junior Riley Pastuzynski who we are all really looking forward to.  For triple jump we have returning Junior Alex Leigh who may be our only jumper this year.  We are also looking forward to Senior high jumper Jordan Servos.

We also seem like we should have a very good pole vaulting crew this year led by returning Senior Michael Handley and Junior Matt Schuh who is looking forward to get to sectionals this year after he missed it last year by one height.  We also have returning Senior Carl Farrell who has always been a consistent vaulter for the boys in the years past.

This year the boys look to get back on track with a divisional championship which they have not had the past two years.  Good luck boys hope to get another divisional championship back this year.