Donate Life Spirt Week was a Sucess

Jordan Lorenc, Feature Reporter

Last week here at Alden High School we celebrated Donate Life Week. Each day there was a different spirt day. Monday was mis match day. Students has the opportunity to wear a crazy outfit to show their support for Unyts. Tuesday was Buffalo day, students showed their love for their hometown and sports teams. Monday and Tuesday, students from the club sat outside the cafeteria during lunches with blood drive sign up sheets and computers giving the opportunity to sign up to become a organ donor online. This February the legal age to sign up as an organ donor changed from 18 to 16 years old, giving students in high school an amazing chance to choose to sign up to be a donor. As students signed up, a sheet was mailed to their home address where they were required to sign and resend the documents back to Unyts to confirm their decision. On Wednesday, Alden hosted another annual Unyts Blood Drive. Like always, it was very successful and the community came together as one to help such an important organization and cause. 98 units of blood was collected when Wednesday came to an end. Students supported the event by wearing their Andrews Army T-shirts. Club members dedicated the day to be Andrew’s Army Day. On Thursday, we honored everyone involved in the blood drive and the spirt day was wearing the blood drive t-shirt they received after giving the gift of life. Friday was neon luau day in honor of the annual Donate Life dance being hosted on April 1st. The dance’s theme is neon luau. The admission is only $5. On Saturday March, 25th Donate Life Club members attended a bowling event called Ali’s Rally at the Transit Lanes. Julia Wrest and Anne Kocher were presented the Donate Life Club scholarship award. After the week wrapped up there was great joy in the hearts of Mrs. Lori Gramza and the Donate Life Club Members. Thank you to everyone who participated in this spirt week!