Wellness Week

Wellness Week

Carly Hopcia, Anchor

During the week of April 24th through April 28th, Alden High School will be hosting Wellness Week. Mrs. Baumgartner and Mrs. Hake, directors of Peer Wellness Pillar are sponsoring the week. Throughout the week, activities will be set up for students to participate in during their lunches. Some activities include, jump rope competitions, playing Just Dance on the x- boxes, and some drunk driving stimulators as well.

On Thursday the twenty seventh, a speaker will becoming in from Kids Escaping Drugs to talk to students during an assembly. After school, other activities will also be taking place for wellness week. For example, pilates, zumba, and military boot camp are options for the students if they want to be apart of it. Mrs. Baumgartner and Mrs. Hake set up a great fun week for all the kids to enjoy. Many of the students that participate in these activities and have a great time while doing it.

The Peer Wellness Pillar does a great job by finding activities for the students and spreading the word for kids safety. Senior, Erin Urbanski is the president of the club and gives her input for everything that will go on during the week. The club is very excited for the events to start and hope the kids will enjoy all the different things they set up for the kids to participate in. Wellness Week is a great way for students to learn about their own safety and to keep healthy. Once again, thank you to Peer Wellness for putting on a great upcoming week.