Alden Kiwanis Duck Race: April 29th

Alden Kiwanis Duck Race: April 29th

Jill Peruzzi, Senior Reporter

The Alden Kiwanis Club will be hosting the 27th annual Duck Race on Saturday, April 29th. The event will be held in the creek off of South Blossom Lea Drive, where yellow duck signs will be placed to direct attendees to the parking area. The venue opens at 11:30, and the ducks will be officially released at noon. In case of flooding, it will be rescheduled to the following Saturday, May 6th. So far, the weather is forecasted to be favorable for racing conditions. 

The ticket-holder of the duck that comes in first place will win the grand prize of $1,000. Eleven other cash prizes will be given out, including to the duck that comes in last place.

The Alden High School Key Club assists with the event every year. The club is under the leadership of Mrs. Regdos. Their annual participation is a continuation of their commitment to community service. The Kiwanis Club and Key Club have been working together since 1958. The proceeds from the Duck Race are used to help fund other events throughout the year such as Toys for Tots, the President’s Day Youth Bowling Tournament, and the Easter Egg Hunt.

Tickets can be obtained from Kiwanis members or from any business with a yellow duck in their window for $5.00 each. Refreshments such as hot dogs and curly fries will also be available for purchase during the race.

Be sure to support your community by purchasing a lucky duck ticket and attending the Kiwanis Duck Race on April 29th!