Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

Rayahna Tryka, Reporter

In the beginning of October, Alden High School celebrated their annual homecoming week. This year, the student body and community have been fortunate enough to have the access to a new sports complex. The Alden Sports Park was a name that the community voted on and proudly represents. On Thursday, October 3rd before the powder puff game, the pep rally and ribbon cutting ceremony to welcome the athletic teams to the new blue turf was held. Our superintendent, Mr. Stoltman, along with members of the board of education and fellow senior team captains took part in the ribbon cutting. Senior captains Zach Bennett, Lucas Bush, Sam Hillman, Justin Mason, Emma Martin, Abby Pruetz and Haley Tyburski shared their thanks for the new opportunities the complex has given them for their last year at Alden High School. Parents and family members came out to the Alden Sports Park to support their athletes and coaches as they made their way across the field. Alden’s community holds a great responsibility and sense of pride within the new complex and is looking forward to the new vision for the aquatic center. The aquatic center’s vote passed that night as well leaving the swimmers and many young athletes excited for what the future here at Alden has to offer for the students and community as a whole.