Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Big News is Happening at Bulldog Manufacturing

“Bulldog Manufacturing seems like a much different program than you see in a normal education setting.” -Senator Patrick Gallivan 

New York State Senator Patrick Gallivan paid Alden High School’s student-run company, Bulldog Manufacturing, a visit on November 1st after hearing about the program from a number of Bulldog’s industry partners. He was encouraged to come and see what the company really means to the school, community, and the students involved. 

“I know the program is only several years old, but we have seen evidence that people are prepared to enter the workforce right out of high school,” said Senator Gallivan after meeting with the members of Bulldog Manufacturing and taking a tour of the facility.  

Since its inception in 2019, Bulldog Manufacturing’s main purpose has been to prepare students in the program for a professional career after graduation. Students involved in the company have developed skill sets that set them far apart from other high school graduates in search of jobs, internships, and other career-based programs.  

Senator Gallivan closes with, “Bulldog Manufacturing, this program, this business, this class, however we want to classify it, gives the students the skills to be ready to enter the workforce, and I think that’s really something very unique that we don’t see in many schools.” 

If you would like to support New York State’s leading student-run manufacturing company, follow them on Instagram (@bulldog.manufcaturing) and visit their website, bulldogmfg.square.site!