WACS News Holiday TV Special

Staff, Staff

WACS News is excited to announce the WACS News Holiday Special! The televised special will air on Time Warner Cable Channel 19 on Monday, December 21st at 5pm and will run every odd hour on channel 19 through the holiday break.

CHRISTMAS IN THE PARK-

UnknownThe Holiday Special will include the latest in holiday news throughout the district and community. Max Gucinski will be co-hosting from The Fireman’s Park for the scoop on Alden’s Christmas in the Park while Delaney Keppner co-hosts from the studio. Max and our WACS News team were all over the Christmas in the Park celebration and covered all of the activities for families, performances, open houses, and of course the annual tree lighting ceremony. Max talked with many residents who attended the event including Mayor Mike Manicki. Max will be leading the coverage of Christmas in the Park and going back to our studio throughout the broadcast

DISTRICT HOLIDAY NEWS-

Delaney Keppner leads the news team in the studio on our very festive christmas set. The news team has been chasing down all of the holiday happenings around the district. We are very excited that WACS News was able to spend some quality time in the Primary School recently. The events of Primary School are often hard to cover, so we are thankful for the opportunity to cover all of their events for this broadcast. Delaney will cover gingerbread house creations in first grade, a special ‘In The Halls’ at the Primary, the Merry Moose Shop, creative ways High School students are expressing their holiday wishes, and much more.

LETTERS TO SANTA-

Letter_to_Santa_logo WITH TEXTWe were recently very excited to receive a visit from the “big man” himself! Santa came by the studio to let us know he has received so many wonderful letters from Alden Primary School students. He’s been checking up on Alden and shared with us many of the letters he received and he will even be reading a few of those letters right on our TV broadcast! It was so great that Santa could set time aside for Alden in one of the busiest times of the year.

‘TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (THE ALDEN RENDITION)

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 12.14.46 PMThe Holiday Special will conclude with an original reading of Mr. Stoltman’s ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas. This Christmas tale has been adapted to the Alden Schools community and features students and staff from around the district. You will not want to miss this special presentation as our Superintendent reads this Christmas story beside our fireplace in the WACS News studio.

ALDEN SCHOOLS HOLIDAY VIDEO-

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 1.20.49 PMAlmost every year, the Alden Schools staff comes together for a District-Wide holiday video . The video includes administrators, office staff, and members of various departments from each location across the district. WACS News works closely with the staff to produce this video and you can see it several times throughout the broadcast.

Again, the WACS News Holiday TV Special will air on Time Warner Cable Channel 19 on Monday, December 21st. We hope you’ll join us as we celebrate the holiday season and highlight this great community!