Alden Varsity Softball Team Continues Divison Dominance

Morgan Rutan, Reporter

The girl’s varsity softball team is the team to beat. As the girls remain undefeated in league play, overall the girls have 16 wins with 1 loss. Over the years an undefeated season has been difficult to achieve but the girls have worked hard to get to where they are. Over coming their hardest competition the girls have a clear road to a completely undefeated league play season. With only one-week left to finish the season, the girls have been practicing hard to overcome all of the opponents remaining. The chemistry on this team is outstanding; all of the girls get along. No one leaves anyone out and all of the girls have the same love and dedication for the sport. This is very hard to find when it comes high school teams or teams in general. Having good chemistry is a key factor in team play. This means that the girls work well together and never get jealous of one another. Each and every player is a key contributor for each game. 11 out of the 13 girls play travel, which helps a lot due to everyone knowing the game, and understanding each and every play. The upperclassmen give out constructive criticism to the younger players on how to get better. The girls work together and strive to achieve the same goal. Each game there are 3 goals to be met, no errors, shut out, and a no-hitter. Most of all the girls are here to have fun and win together. As the regular season is coming to an end, with only 2 games left, the girls know how crucial the games are. Facing Eden on Wednesday will be the make or break of a single division title. Eden has one loss, as the bulldogs still remain undefeated. This game could end as both teams share the division title or Alden wins the division their self’s. After the season ends it’s onto playoffs, as the girls practice super hard to get father than last year. The seniors on the team do not want the season to end sooner than the team is capable of. As long as the team works together and plays as a team there will be no problems. Seeing the girls excited each game really shows the chemistry and love for the game. The girls have worked very hard to get to where they are right now and giving up is not an option. The coaches remind the girls how each team is out to beat them and they can’t underestimate anyone. I’m very excited to see what the girls are going to achieve in the next couple of weeks.