Spanish Club Trip to Panama 2018

Jill Peruzzi, Senior Reporter

The Spanish Club will be taking an 8-day expedition to Panama in February of 2018. Students will explore different parts of Panama City to experience the landmarks and culture that are unique to the country. They will tour historic forts and ruins dating back to the 16th century, and visit museums displaying their vibrant history. Students will also enjoy the natural beauty and wildlife of Panama’s National Parks. This will encompass hiking, boat rides, and a zip line canopy tour. Students are likely to see alligators, crocodiles, otters, and the many other species of animals and birds that inhabit the nation. They will learn about the culture by visiting local artisans, schools, Indigenous villages, trying new foods, and participating in a hat making demonstration. In addition, the trip will include an in-depth look at the Panama Canal. Students will discover how it revolutionized commerce and became one of the seven wonders of the modern world.

Besides all of these awesome activities, students will have an opportunity to practice their Spanish language skills. The trip is sure to be a life-changing experience that students will never forget. It will provide an immersive perception of Panama, which could never be achieved by a textbook.

Anyone who is interested in more information should see Miss Ziegler in room 128 as soon as possible.