Alden High School Teachers following the Holiday Trends!

Brandi Persutti, Reporter

With the Holiday season just around the corner, stores are flooded with all the eager shoppers wanting to get the best trending gifts. Teachers here at Alden High School put in their input on what trends they were going to be following. As well as gift shopping, now is a time to get together with family and part take in traditions and other Holiday fun. I was able to talk with teachers on their family traditions as well as what they were most excited to give!

Trends

A popular item that has been blowing up Amazon and Etsy, are mermaid blankets; a woven blanket that wraps around your body and ends in a tail. Math teacher Mrs.Mertz was most excited in HAND MAKING these fun coverings for both her daughters and husband. This just goes to show that these blankets are enjoyable for everyone in the family! Newly introduced to the technology world is the Amazon Echo. This is a hand free portable speaker with all the obvious benefits of streaming music. The Amazon Echo has calling services as well and the “Alexa” voice service, very similar to the iPhone’s “Siri”. This is a hot-selling gift that Spanish Teacher Ms. Ziegler has already purchased and very excited to give away. Even the most simple gifts can hold sentiment and give excitement. Mr. Turton is most excited about giving a silly pair of socks to a family member he knows he’ll most enjoy!

As delightful as it is to receive and give out presents, sometimes the best gift isn’t always material. This is a time to spend with family and spread the holiday cheer. Social Studies teacher Mr. Foss shared with me that the greatest gift he’s ever received was the joyous and secure feeling that he felt spending Christmas with his family as a young child. Spending time at Grandmas, baking christmas cookies, getting together to wrap presents, no matter what it is, this is the season to really get together with family and share the jubilance! Happy Holidays!