Musical Start-Up

Hannah Kelley, Reporter

This year Alden has decided to tackle the amazing Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. Alden High School has tackled a variety of Disney shows before such as  Tarzan. These productions have a variety of students excited to see how they turn out and make students anxious to see them. Disney productions at Alden High School turn out very well. Tarzan had an amazing turn out last year and even ended up on the news. Disney productions are very difficult to complete. Mr. Masci informed me that Disney has many guidelines when it comes to the way their productions look such as costumes, and the sets. Beauty and the Beast is known for their difficult transformations and moving parts in the production. These factors are making the musical production a little more challenging than other performances put on at Alden High School. However, Alden has tackled difficult factors in productions before such as having characters in Tarzan swinging from vines. However, I am very confident that the production will turn out amazing. The Alden High School is giving you a chance to meet the character of this production a little early at a brunch on February 4th from 9am to 2pm. Then, Alden’s production of Beauty and the Beast will premiere on February 9th, and 10th at 7:00pm, along with performances on Saturday February 11th at 2:00pm and 7:00pm. Hope to see everyone there to support our school!