Alden’s Beauty and the Beast Sees Special Costumes

Jacob Eberle, Reporter

With the latest High School Theater production, Beauty and the Beast, quickly approaching, it’s time for the costumes to make their way into the spotlight. This year, Alden’s cast crew will be getting an extra special treat, as they’ve rented costumes from DC TheaTricks. These costumes have traveled the world for various shows, but are housed locally right here in Buffalo, New York. What’s even more special about these costumes is how true to life they really are. This is due to the restrictions of Disney and DC Theatricks. Each costume must look exactly as it does in the original films. As you can imagine, these costumes were not cheap. The cast and crew was very excited to begin to incorporate these costumes into their routines,  although it’s come with some difficulty. This is what Technical Adviser Matt Masci had to say. Adding these costumes into the midst has been extremely challenging. Many things we planned while wearing normal clothes, just doesn’t work anymore. He also added, “The kids have been great and very flexible to the changes we’ve had to make in the past few days,” It’s going to be a tough task, but Matt Masci is looking forward to making this production come to life. “it’s really an exciting time when we add costumes to rehearsals,” he stated, “we are able to bring the show to life and the cast can truly be their characters.” Be there for the show when it kicks off Thursday, February 9th at 7 PM.