Team Kryptonite Wins Championship

Joshua Chester, Sports Reporter

This year, the Athletic Association held their 2nd annual Badminton tournament in the gym. 8 teams participated in the tournament to fiercely compete for the title,

“Best Badminton Team In Alden High School.”

There was plenty of hype leading up to this event, as the group “Kryptonite” led by Mr. Carll and Mr. Casillo were looking to take the title this year. Many teams tried, but they all failed as “Kryptonite” ultimately came out on top. It was an insane battle of badminton-ry but in the end, Carll and Casillo could not be stopped. The path to victory was not an easy one for these golden boys, as both Carll and Casillo have been dealing with personal issues, but despite Mr. Carll’s bad knees and Mr. Casillo’s failed hunting show, they were able to band together and take down their foes, and take the badminton title.

The second place team of Tommy Bednarski and Brian Cybulski put up a fight as well.

It was an enjoyable competition for all involved, and the Athletic Association raised a total of $150, which will go towards the Dollars for Scholars foundation. It was an excellent event, which had plenty of positive vibes surrounding it. The Athletic Association enjoyed holding the event and will continue to hold events like this in the future. Congratulations “Kryptonite!”