Softball Starts Journey to States!

Softball Starts Journey to States!

Jacob Fairbanks, Sports Reporter

The softball season began last week. The team is looking strong with twelve girls trying out. Practice has been great, the whole team is communicating very well and performing exceptionally. There are many athletes coming back from the team that went all the way to states. Coaches Kyrszczuk and Cayea are preparing the team mentally and physically to improve their teams performance to be better than last season.

This year stepping up to the mound is Brooke Strausbaugh. Last year she was right behind pitcher Laura Kratzke. Brooke is going to be a strong asset this season. She will be an underdog coming into the season, but the opponents don’t know what she’s all about. This will be Brooke’s last season at Alden High School. She is hoping to take her team back to sectionals and hopefully states.

Another player excited and ready for the season is Brittany Jordon. She was a big part of last year’s team heading to sectionals. She was on the field every game for Alden and was a great athlete. Brittany Jordon is a Junior this season, but still has the determination to bring her senior teammates a championship. Another Junior that is a big impact for the team is Jenna Wlsotowski. Jenna was on last year’s team as well. She stood right beside Brittany on the road to sectionals. I got to talk to athlete Brooke Strausbaugh about her thoughts on the upcoming season and she said, ” I believe the upcoming season will be hard, but our team is strong and can succeed at anything.” The girls start their season off on March 29, 2017 at Akron High School for an indoor scrimmage. Go and cheer your girls on and wish them good luck.