An Amazing Turnout for Middle School Musical

Jacob Fairbanks, Reporter

This year’s middle school musical was a huge success. The show,  Singin’ in The Rain Jr. hit the middle school stage March 23rd, 24th, and 25th. The show was recently converted into a junior musical, which made the directors interested in using it for their production. The talent in the whole cast was amazing. It was clear that the students acting on the stage were enjoying themselves. There were few flaws and everyone put forth their best effort.

The lead roles were played by students Katie Sentz (Kathy Seldon),  Charlie Freeman (Don Lockwood), and Mathew Robertson (Cosmo Brown). These students along with the rest of the cast performed extremely well all three nights. The whole cast was working on this musical for around five months. The cast and the crew were very interactive with each other and were not distant. There was one moment in the Saturday night show where the film for the lip singing would not come up, but other than that the whole cast performed like professional cast and crew. The Thursday night and Saturday evening shows were almost completely sold out, which is  very impressive for a junior musical. Director Mrs. Tryka said, ” The cast and crew were amazing and did very well.” I hope everyone that went had an amazing time and enjoyed it.