All About the ACT

What you need to know…

All About the ACT

Everett Gilbert, Reporter

The ACT exam is being administered to many high school students around the U.S.A. in the coming days, however this exam is one that is often overlooked by many high school students. The ACT has many benefits to completing, and can be an important part of a college applicant’s resume when the time comes. Students in high school are very familiar with the importance of the SAT exam, but are somewhat uninformed on the benefits of taking the ACT. These benefits are mostly for one’s academic career to advance, however there are others. Some of these include making up for a lower GPA, being able to have the opportunity to evaluate your own weaknesses and strengths, and finally, it will hero you acquire more scholarships for collegiate studies. Some colleges actually require for their applicants to have an ACT score. If you feel that your grades at your home school are not impressive enough to earn entry into your college of choice, a proficient ACT score will greatly increase your odds of not only being accepted, but also receiving scholarships to the same school.

The ACT is essential especially if you plan to pursue a degree that has to do with Science or Math. The ACT is very focused on mathematics and science and is a great evaluation for a students proficiency in those subjects. Technical schools tend to prefer the ACT over the SAT, since a large portion of the SAT score is based on skill in Language Arts, which is not as useful in a technical field.