Student Congress Elections

Carly Hopcia, News

For the upcoming school year of 2017-2018, Mr. Domino is getting together the school elections. All members of every pillar should attend the meeting regarding the election on April 26th. This meeting will explain the different positions for Student Congress and the requirements each student will need in order to apply. Students who are interested in the election should grab a petition from Mr. Domino’s room, 216. All the petitions completed, have to be turned in to Mr. Domino on April 25th, or they will not be accepted later. The students have to give reasons why they should be qualified for becoming apart of Student Congress and also everything they’ve been involved in school.

On May 8th, the candidates will finally be revealed on the announcements. After finding out the candidates, that’s when the candidates start their campaign. From May 8th to the 19, there will be a presentation for Student Congress at the meeting, WACS news will publish each candidates bios, and the candidates will make different items for their campaign, like posters, flyers, and anything else they want to bring to the table.

May 23rd, is the day where students from grade, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12, will vote at some point of the day. Also on May 23rd, the candidates running in the election will finally find out the results! Lastly on May 24th, all of the official officers will have to attend the Student Congress meeting, they will be discussing homecoming!