Diversity Week

Diversity+Week

Zack Bennett, Reporter

In the coming weeks at Alden high school Mr. Domino’s leadership will be celebrating diversity in Alden High School. Carolyn Freeman and Anna Busch and their leadership group came up with the idea. They stated that this would be a way to raise awareness for diversity in the school. Diversity week will include specially themed days.  Ethnic backgrounds will be represented in the main foyer and students can wear different colors to support various causes.  The week is supposed to be a promo that corresponds with kindness week which is an annual endeavor put on by Friends of Rachel Club. The week with take place sometime before February break or winter break. The group of four girls said that ” Its basically to celebrate diversity in our school and getting more awareness on how diverse everybody is”. The more people involved the better the turn out will possibly be they said. There will be a sign by or in the foyer before the week to tell people to help out. Mr. Domino and the leadership group and very excited to help the community and school by raising awareness to this topic in our school. If you would like to help out please ask Mr. Domino or Carolyn Freeman before the week happens.