Primary School: Gingerbread Houses

Brittany Chase, Reporters

On December 19, 2017, I visited the Primary School to talk to some of the teachers about what they have planned for the holiday season. They celebrated with many different activities all week. Some of the activities included decorating a Christmas tree, which was located outside each door of a classroom. For the Christmas tree each child had to bring in a family photo. The photo was then used for the ornaments on the tree. Another activity that young students participated in was building gingerbread houses. The kids had so much fun with making them. Some of the kids even had their parents come and help out. I also interviewed some of the children from two classes. One class was Mrs. Yates’ and the other Mrs. Bowman’s. I asked the children what their favorite part was about building the gingerbread houses.  Their answers were the best. For the rest of the week the school had many other activities going on. For the rest of the week some of the activities were a school sing along, which is from each class. Then they also had a Santa visit, and to finish off the celebration they had a Polar Express Day. Within these days comes some spirit days. With the Polar Express day the kids could wear pajamas. For the other days they had different spirit days for the holiday week. From the Primary School and WACS News we wish you all a Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.