‘Seussical’ Prepares to Hit The Stage!

1/15/18: Technicians work over the MLK holiday to program lighting for Seussical!

Brittany Chase, Reporter

For the first time ever, Alden High School is gearing up for the musical production of Seussical. Seussical is a bright, fun, energetic musical based on 14 Dr. Seuss books. Some of the Dr. Seuss characters include The Cat in the Hat (Tim Hinsken), Horton (Zach Bennett), Gertrude (Brooke Meyer), Mayzie (Lily Hart), the Sour Kangaroo (Erin Matthewson), Jojo (Sam Syracuse) and many more. This production has a vast amount of singing and dancing throughout the entire show. During the production, you  visit the most iconic scenes of Dr. Seuss’ world like Whoville and the Jungle of Nool. Seussical is a show for all ages to come out and see.

I had the opportunity to interview one of the directors, Ms. Julia Wallace.  Ms. Wallace is the Choreographer for the show. I asked her some questions about how the production was coming along. I also interviewed some of the cast members and asked them what their role is in this year’s production. I also asked them what their favorite thing is about being in this year’s production.

Seussical was decided amongst the production team because, similar to the last several plays, Tarzan, and Little Shop of Horrors, it is a first for Alden High School. The directors also enjoy the creative freedom they get to exercise with such an abstract show. Seussical stands out as a high-energy and comedic show that is fun for all ages.

More information and tickets are available at www.aldenschools.org/boxoffice. Be sure to come out and see the show. The dates are February 8,9,10 all at 7pm. There is also a matinee show on February 10th at 2pm.  Be sure to come out and see our production of  Seussical!