BREAKING: Teacher Band ‘Turton’ is “#ReUNYTed”

Brooke Meyer, Anchor

After a virtually 8 year hiatus, the hit teacher band ‘Turton’ is set to reunite on stage at Alden High School. The band, featuring teachers such as Mr. Currin (guitar), Mr. Partell (drums), Mr. Domino (vocals), and Mr. Larrabee (keyboard) is also joined by Mr. Partell’s brother, Jeff Partell (bass), and former Alden music teacher Mr. Andy Buscemi (vocals & guitar). The group last appeared in a large scale performance at the high school for the Val’s Pals concert in 2008 alongside student band “Larrabee” which featured former student Joe White who is now the frontman of the band Made Violent.

The band has recently announced their anticipated return for the Donate Life Club dance on Saturday March 23rd. The event they are branding as “Re-UNYT-ed” starts at 7pm and will be DJ’d by science teacher and vocalist Mr. Domino. The dance will feature a short set by the group who has reportedly been preparing a variety of “classics” and “modern” hits.

When asked about the big return, Mr. Currin said “this is the most exciting moment in all of our lives”.

Snow cones, party favors and a photo booth are also in the works for the dance. $10 gets you in the door to  support UNYTS Donate Life and have some fun. The WACS News team is also investigating reports that the group may perform a larger set sometime next month as well.

In anticipation for the big return, some of Mrs. Kosinski’s Digital Imaging students have worked up the posters below that have been posted around the district.