UNYTS Blood Drive

UNYTS Blood Drive

Spencer Keppner, Reporter

A UNYTS blood drive took place on Wednesday the 21st at Alden High School. Over 100 donors presented to donate blood. Many students at Alden High School donated but many members of the community came in as well. The blood drives at Alden High School have a history of being successful.

Mrs. Gramza demonstrates the importance of donating blood. All blood donated goes to good use. People who donate blood are necessary because there is no substitute for blood. The blood drive took place in the auditorium of Alden High School. The auditorium was transformed with chairs placed all over the stage. Students were called to the auditorium throughout the day to donate at their scheduled times.  There was an immense amount of help for anyone who wasn’t feeling good after donating blood. Registering to donate blood was made easy with computers. Many people outside of students were seen coming in to give blood. Alden has a strong community that values giving back to the community. Most students are eager to donate and are happy to be able to help others in need.

Most students were repeat donors as well. Blood donated from the UNYTS blood drive stays local and is used for Western New York natives. The Donate Life Club at Alden High School and Andrew’s Army are credited with organizing the blood drive. Overall the UNYTS blood drive was a huge success. Hopefully the trend will continue in future years and more will come to donate blood. Andrew’s Army and Donate Life Club made the blood drive extremely effective.