Donate Life Dance

Kayla Derenda, Sports Reporter

On March 23rd Alden High School’s annual Donate Life Dance was held. Every year the Donate Life Club has a series of activities that go on during the school week that lead up to the dance. The good thing about this dance that it is a fundraiser that raises money for UNYTS which helps support education programs that the organization offers out to people. The money that is also raised goes towards Andrew’s Army which is a organization that Alden High School created. The club put together a spirit week which consisted of different themes of outfits to wear every day of the week. The club also uses the spirit week to raise awareness and share information of how important donating blood to UNYTS really is; one blood donor can save three lives. The Donate Life Club is committed to educating the students of Alden on the importance of blood, organ tissue, and eye donation. With their partnership with UNYTS, they provide Alden’s students with an outline for the year and requires Alden to participate in the school wide event week. Some of the activities which include the blood drive, are the clubs goal to encourage young people to go out and do good for the world. At the dance there was snacks, drinks, and a snow cone machine. Also a photo booth and a special performance by Alden’s own teacher band, Turton. The dance was a success and everyone enjoyed there time.

In case you missed seeing the teacher ban, Turton, they will be performing for the last time at Alden’s Variety Show on May 10th.