2018 PowderPuff Game

Samantha Bizub, Producer

Every year during homecoming week, the girls of Alden High School lace up and hit the football field for their annual PowderPuff game. The teams are divided by grade level, with the rookie freshman and veteran seniors working on one team and the young sophomores and seasoned juniors together. The game is nothing short of a fierce fight. The girls leave it all on the field every year. This year, the freshman senior team took home the win. Emma Lux and Jaime Bennett were a big factor in the success of the team. Kicker, Allison Bennett earned her team a field goal. The seniors were all celebrating their final victory after the game with a team chant. Spirits were high for the freshman senior team. Their coaches, Mrs. Williams, and Mr. Kryszczuk, pushed the girls to success. Varsity football player, Zac O’Shei, was a student coach for the winning team. The girls spent hours during advisement and after school practicing on the football field. The sophomore junior team was coached by Mrs. Mann and Mrs. Bindemann, with student assistance from The Varsity Football players, Lucas Bush, Tad Lacki and Alex Rzepka. The girls worked hard and had a heart for the game but just could not be matched by the superior skills of the freshman senior team. The game was close with a final score of 19-13. Everyone played their best and made memories that they are sure to reflect positively on. For the senior girls, this is their last homecoming week which made this win all the more special. The tradition of the homecoming PowderPuff game is something that the whole community loves and gets excited about. 2018’s homecoming PowderPuff game was one for the books. Congratulations to everyone who played!