International Club

International+Club

Felix Luna, Reporter

This week I got to cover the International Club collection for refugees. They are collecting are book bags, pens, pencils, books, etc. Ms. Ziegler advises the club, so I was able to interview her get some more info about the things that the club is doing. I got to ask Sam Hillman some questions because she is the president of the club here’s what she had to say. One of the meetings they had a guest named Audrey from the International Institute of Buffalo and told us about their mission to help resettle refugees. During while she was speaking, she mentioned that they need supplies. So, the club decided to have a donation drive here at Alden High School. The refugees seeking help at the International Institute of Buffalo come from many countries all around the world. The club mostly wants to collect school supplies, toiletries, and first aid supplies. But anything donated is greatly appreciated. They are accepting donations until Friday January 18th and there are bins located in the main foyer in the cafeteria. If any questions come up, students can always ask miss Ziegler or Sam Hilman for more information. The International Institute of Buffalo has been around since 1908 that’s just over a little 100 years they have been around helping refugees from all over the world and a lot of them come to Buffalo New York. Buffalo is extremely diverse with people that come over from all around the world because of the International Institute of Buffalo.