Band-O-Rama

Band-O-Rama

Justin Evoy, Reporter

March is “Music in Our Schools Month”. This evening is the 5th annual Band-O-Rama hosted in the Alden High School Gym with more than 375 student musicians playingMr. Bill Larrabee will be conducting the high school Wind Ensemble and Concert Band, Mrs. Bridget Nye the middle school, and Mrs. Kelly Nieman the intermediate schoolIn the words of Mrs. Nye, “Really cool to see 4th through 12th playing together” 

Each band will play a different genre and there will be plug for “High School Musical”, the middle school’s musical that premieres this weekend, March 7th, 8th, and 9th. As for Band-O-Rama this evening, there is a 6:00 performance and a 7:30 performance. These bands have been practicing for weeks and got together this morning, March 5th, for a dress rehearsal. The primary and intermediate came over for a visit and had the pleasure of seeing the 4th grade band’s first concert of the year. The middle schoolers had an opportunity to see what being in band in high school is really all about. All students, staff, and music lovers are more than welcome to attend, but seats are limited. Parents of the students in Band-O-Rama should have already or will be receiving their tickets from their children indicating what performance they are attending. The finale is sure to be a grand one with the performance of “Polka Party” and “Queen On Stage” Mrs. Nye is thrilled with this event and says of the finale, “…nice to see the 3rd graders chanting “we will rock you” when we played Queen.”  Be sure to get out and support your classmates in Bandorama.