Golf Division Champions

Allie Petschke, Reporter

This past fall season, the Varsity Boys Golf Team became division champions! After winning 6 out of 8 matches the boys worked hard to achieve this goal.  This is the first time they have been champions since the saddening departure of their number one golfer, or my brother, Curtis Petschke in 2017! Head golfers on the team this season were  Junior Liam Ryan, Sophomore Grant Riddoch and Freshman Nic DePaolis. I took time to interview Liam Ryan about this achievement.

Along with becoming division champions, the boys (and girls) golf team have TWO golfers attending sectionals and hopefully states in the spring! Liam qualified for sectionals on Tuesday October 15th will a score of 85. Along with Liam, I qualified for sectionals in the spring with a season average of a 44. Liam will play at River Oaks Country Club and I will play at Arrowhead Golf Club in May of 2020. We will both be competing to represent Alden High School at States on June 5,6, 7 and 8!! With a large field of competition, ONLY the Top 9 in both girls and boy’s golf will be taken to states. Once qualified, Liam will take on Mark Twain Golf Course in Elmira NY and I hope to play at Deerfield Country Club in Rochester NY.