Athletic Wall of Fame Inductee: Laura Kozub

Laura Kozub was one of four inductees into the Alden High School Athletic Wall of Fame in 2022.

Former Alden High School student athlete Laura Kozub is joining the Athletic Wall of Fame this year.

From 1995 until she graduated in 2001, Laura was a spectacular three-sport athlete in cross country, track and field, and basketball.

Although Laura excelled in all three sports, her strongest sport was running. She participated in the conference championship teams for cross country and track and field between 1995-2001. She also qualified for cross country in states in 1996, 1997, 1999 and 2000 and for the Empire State Games in 1000- and 1,500-meter runs for track and field.

Laura also left her mark at Alden High School by setting the school record in the 4×800-meter relay and a personal record in the 3,000-meter run, both in 1999. These records still stand.

Laura’s biggest motivator in high school was her cross country and track coach … who also happened to be her dad. From the moment he introduced Laura to running, he never left her side.

“He was there all the time, never would miss a meet or he didn’t even miss a basketball game,” Laura said. “He was always there, always motivating us. Not letting us quit.”

After high school, Laura took her competitiveness into college where she continued her running career on the cross country and track teams at Fort Hays State University. After college, Laura entered the U.S. Army and is currently a major serving our country as an acquisitions officer.

We’re so proud to have such an accomplished former student athlete to add on to the Athletic Wall of Fame. Congratulations Laura.