Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Discovered by the Gov: Hochul Contingent Tours Bulldog Mfg.

Madeline Jones
Staffers from Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office met Monday with students and advisors of Bulldog Manufacturing to discuss the student-run organization’s impact and potential for education in New York State.

A new year means a new start for Bulldog Manufacturing. Earlier today, Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office, including Mo Sumbundu – Assistant Director at Empire State Development, and Steve Perrigo – VP, Business Manager Turner Construction, met with leaders from the student-run company. The group discussed topics ranging from industry partners to post-high school education while seated in the bustling Bulldog Manufacturing room, now filled with state-of-the-art technology and machinery.

“They wanted to come in and learn more about our program and what we’re doing here through Bulldog and how we’re helping our school and benefiting it with everyone we’re working with and all the things that we’re doing and learning here,” said Sylvia White, CEO of Bulldog Manufacturing. “They seemed very excited and impressed by everything that we’re doing here.”

Allen Turton, co-advisor for Bulldog Manufacturing, said the visit from the governor’s office bodes well for the future of the company and education in general.

“I’m very excited to see how the support from the highest levels of New York State can have an impact on Alden in our efforts to improve education and change the way we do education, and ultimately have a big impact on workforce development, regionally and beyond,” Turton said. “If we can be a model, if what we’re doing here is the right way to change education, then it certainly will have a big ripple effect for years to come.”

To see an in-depth look at the visit, watch the video above and be sure to stay keep up with Bulldog Manufacturing to see what their future holds.