Renovations 2014: High School Cafeteria

Jordan Lorenc, Feature Reporter

Towards the end of last school year, the crew that was responsible for the High School Cafeteria began to rip out the floor getting ready for the new and improved look. The students were a bit concerned on what the cafeteria floor looked like before leaving for the Summer. The new cafeteria consists of a new floor, new tiled walls, new lighting and a new serving line setup.

Before the renovations students had to wait in the hall going into two different serving lines that served the same meal options. We had an option of pizza, subs, or the hot meal of the day. If you wanted salad there was the option of a salad bar in the back. The snack line was also included in the back with the salad bar. The menu was limited with what you could get and what you can combine for your meal. After the summers worth of work the cafeteria turned into a much more organized and enjoyable place to eat your lunch with a wide variety of new food combinations.

Students had a little difficulty grasping onto how the new line setup worked, but everyone is loving it! With the renovations, new meal options were able to be added on to the menu. There’s now an option of wraps, chicken salads, tuna salads, and a self served pizza center. Instead of waiting in the hall students now wait in the cafeteria so that the emergency exits in the hallway are clear.

If you are getting a hot meal, you have to wait in the hot line. If you are getting a wrap, sub, salad, or pizza you can go around and pick up your desired option. The snack line was combined and you can get a snack along with your meal. After picking your lunch, you grab a drink, put your student code in, pay and you’re all set. The new blue, gold, and white tiling gives the cafeteria a more clean welcoming look with the perfect amount of school pride, tying the whole project together.