Floats and Hallways Follow Up

Hannah Kelley, Reporter

Homecoming has come and gone, leaving us with the memories and the winners of the float and hallway. The Seniors placed first for both hallway and float this year. I had the opportunity to ask the Senior class advisors, Mrs. Rutowski and Mrs. Marko, a few questions about their class. They were very excited for their class to have a 4 year streak for placing first for both float and hallway since they entered the high school. Both advisors are very proud of their class and  had a lot to say about them as well.

Mrs. Marko stated, “They put in a lot of work regarding the hallway. We stayed the full 3 hours to decorate and a lot of students came. Everyone was constantly helping and had a lot to do.” Mrs. Rutowski stated, “A lot of work was put into the float as well. A group of kids came to every float meeting and worked really hard. The seniors had a lot of things planned and prepare, so they were definitely motivated to do well.”

The Juniors placed second for the float and third for their hallway. The Junior class advisor, Mrs. Williams, had a lot to say about her class as well.

Mrs. Williams stated, “I think they’ve done a good job coming together as a team.  We’ve had a better turn out for the hallway every year. They are definitely getting better as the years go on. The people who come definitely are working harder than the years before. We definitely had a lot of competition, the Seniors are great. However I’m proud of my classes outcome this year and I think they did a really good job.”

This was the Freshman’s first year getting to experience what Homecoming at the high school is all about. This class place second for their hallway and fourth for their float. Their class advisor, Mrs. Smith, is very proud of them and had a variety of things to say about their hard work.

She stated, “Their first year being involved in Homecoming went pretty well. The hallway began pretty chaotic, however they started to organize everyone and get an idea of where they wanted to go with it. I think they did very well especially coming together as a team and they had fun. It was kind of a go right into kind of deal since it was the classes first year being in the high school. However, we had the opportunity to look in yearbooks to see previous floats to get an idea what it was about but I definitely think their first year went well.

This year the Sophomores had a better idea of what Homecoming was all about after last year. They placed fourth for their hallway and third for their float. I was able to have a word with a few of the Sophomores and get their opinions on their float and hallway.

A variety of them stated, “It was very patriotic, but could have involved more things to do with the 1940’s.”

All the classes did very well. Congratulations to all of them on their achievement during the Homecoming week.

img_6977-x3Rick Penny
img_6902-x3Rick Penny
img_6900-x3Rick Penny
img_6895-x3Rick Penny
Rick Penny
img_6790-x3Rick Penny