Pilgrimage to the Primary

Thanksgiving+Feast

Allissa Wery

Thanksgiving Feast

Allissa Wery and Conrad Boucher

On Tuesday November 22, 2016 Allissa Wery traveled to Alden Primary for the Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast. Kindergarten students had a great opportunity to learn about the history of thanksgiving. In the classroom the kindergarten students learned about the very beginning of Thanksgiving. They learned about how the pilgrims settled in America. The pilgrims shared the very first Thanksgiving Feast with the Native Americans. However, the first Thanksgiving did not include the traditional turkey dinner that we have today. Allissa had the opportunity to go over and gather some pictures and see what the Kindergarten Feast was all about. All the kids and teachers dressed up for their Thanksgiving get together and decorated the cafeteria for the event with Thanksgiving colors and decorations. The students had fun preparing for the event because they were able to make their own pilgrim costumes to wear during the feast. The students also participated in craft time where they all made their own turkeys out of colored paper and creativity. The parents of the students were invited to the event to enjoy a Thanksgiving feast with their children. The Thanksgiving Feast included pumpkin pie, marshmallows, pretzels, crackers, carrots, muffins, grapes, cheese, and many other delicious and nutritious snacks for the students, teachers, and parents all to enjoy. Allissa Wery had some words to express how she felt the Thanksgiving feast went: “The Thanksgiving Feast at the primary school went very well. All the kids looked very cute in their homemade costumes. The kids enjoyed the snacks and it gave the students and teachers a break from the regular school schedule. All the parents seemed to have fun spending time with their kids at school.” Overall the Thanksgiving was a great success over at the primary school with the kindergarten students, teachers, and parents. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the event. This year we hope that everyone enjoys a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family and friends. Please stay safe and enjoy the day in a responsible matter. All members of the WACS News team wishes you all a Happy Thanksgiving, safe Black Friday Shopping, and a great holiday season!