Master Teachers Program: Mr. Turton

Conrad Boucher, Reporter

Mr. Turton is a Technology teacher here at Alden High School. Mr. Turton has taught a variety of courses such as: I.C.E. (Innovation, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship), College Computer Apps, Web Design, and many more. Mr. Turton is also involved in many after school clubs and sports. Mr. Turton is the head coach of the Boys Varsity Soccer Team in the fall and the Boys Varsity Tennis Team in the spring. He also manages the Robotics and S.T.E.A.M. club and helps students interested in using our 3D printer.

Mr. Turton’s endless work at Alden High School makes him a picture perfect member of the Master Teachers Program. The Master Teachers Program is an organization that helps bring together outstanding and experienced S.T.E.M.(science, technology, engineering, and math) teachers. The teachers that are accepted into this program become a part of a community of highly experienced and qualified Math and Science teachers. Benefits of the Master Teacher Program are that the members are able to help develop high level professional growth programs the reflect the Master Teachers Program leadership and excellence. Members also receive funding to attend conferences and workshops that are relevant to the Master Teacher Program.

With great recognition comes great responsibility. As a new member of the Master Teachers Program Mr. Turton, just like all new members, is expected to participate in a minimum of 50 hours of the offered professional and leadership activities. Some of these activities include: Professional Development Workshops, Leadership Training Courses, Pre-Service Mentoring for Mathematics and Science Majors, and many more offered activities by the Master Teachers Program.