Mrs. Moran New Addition to Master Teacher Program

Joshua Chester, Sports Reporter

The definition of a Master Teacher at Buffalo State is defined as:

“Demonstrate strong content knowledge, an ability to engage and motivate students, leadership within their school or in the education community, collaborative skills, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.”

Students and faculty in the ACSD can agree that Mrs. Moran displays these characterics. Mrs. Moran shows her  love and dedication for science by giving back to her students. Mrs. Moran is a 10th grade teacher who teaches Earth Science and Oceanography for all grade levels.

The Master Teacher Program is for any teacher experienced in S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Any teacher who is awarded this accomplishment is then part of a community of highly qualified secondary school mathematics and science teachers. The teacher are expected the Master Teacher Fellowship is a four-year program that includes opportunities to attend or design and lead high quality professional workshops, mentor early career teachers, and share innovations and best practices with like-minded colleagues.

Mrs. Moran with her accomplishment raises the bar for what it means to be an outstanding teacher and someone to look up. Mrs. Moran sets examples and goals for students that are looking for a future as a S.T.E.M teacher.

We wish the best of the luck for Mrs. Moran and her future as a Master Teacher at Buffalo State.