Alden Students Visit Northland Training Center

The Northland Workforce Training Center is a trade school in Buffalo. The main goal of Northland, according to its website, is to develop and maintain a diverse workforce to meet the needs for the advanced manufacturing across Buffalo.

Northland, a private-public partnership, provides education, training, and workforce development services that are industry-driven.  Its mission is to advance the economic wellbeing of western New York by developing a skilled and diverse workforce that can meet the needs of advanced manufacturing and energy sectors while providing pathways for students to find jobs and career opportunities.

Alden High School has developed a good relationship with center over the years, most recently sending a large group of students to tour the center, as well as other manufacturing sites, on Feb. 17.

I interviewed Mr. Eggink to learn a little more about the relationship.

“Northland has helped us in many ways. It has given us many industry partnerships,” Eggink said. “It helps us to get new equipment and new opportunities for students.”

I then took a trip to Niagara Frontier Custom Fabrication, located at Northland, to ask their shop superintendent about what types of jobs are available in his facility.

Learn more in the video above.

Editor’s Note: This story was photographed and reported by Walker Wrest but narrated by WACS News Executive Producer Jose Vazquez.