Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Bulldogs Clinch 2nd Place in Bulldogs Bust Hunger Campaign

Once agin, the Bulldogs busted hunger! This year, the Alden Bulldogs got second place in the Huddle for Hunger competition. We collected 2,000 cans from the members of the Alden community.  

For the second year, the Alden Bulldogs worked with Feed More and the Buffalo Bills and did a can drive for Huddle for Hunger. Students got members from all over the community to help get cans and fill bins of nonperishable food items in the Tops parking lot. They also got the students in the school to participate by having spirit days.  

“It’s centered around school spirt so it makes it more than just another can drive; it makes it really fun,” said Student Congresses Peer Wellness secretary Gowri DeMay. To Gowri, Huddle for Huger is a fun-filled, energetic competition and she loves to get the school participating in the school spirit.

“It brings kids together and gets us to be more creative,” said AHS guidance counselor Julie Hake. She feels that Huddle for Hunger gets students thinking in a positive way and makes the community more involved. “It’s important because it creates a sense of community.” 

Follow along to see what the Bulldogs do next year to bust hunger and watch the new Huddle for hunger look back video for more details on how we as a community did this year.