Alden Hosts Halloween Spooktacular

Alden Hosts Halloween Spooktacular

Morgan Rutan, Reporter

The Alden Substance Abuse Coalition is teaming up with Alden High School’s Peer Wellness club for a Halloween ‘Spooktacular’. Saturday, October 24  will be a full day of events from 12pm until 6pm. Many activities will be going on throughout the town, which are very family oriented. Parkside Cupcakes will be having Minion characters that you can interact with along with a Chinese Auction. If you like spooky things that give you some chills make your way to the Community Center for a haunted house.

Starting at 3pm community members will be driving their cars to the town park for “Trunk & Treating”. Each trunk will be decorated as a different theme and the kids will be getting candy out of each trunk. Prizes will be given for the best decorated trunk.

There will be special appearances by your favorite Disney Princesses like Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and Elsa & Anna, keep your eyes opened. To register your car visit www.aldensac.com print out the registration and mail it to ASAC 13305 Broadway Alden. Each car is $10 but Trunk & Treating is free. For pre-registration go to http://www.aldensac.com/#!halloween-spooktacular/c1opd and print out the form on the side to save $2 or you can pay the day of the event and pay $12. All proceeds go to support Alden substance Abuse Coalition. Come out and enjoy a full day of spooks and fun!