Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

Keeping Alden Connected!

WACS News.

A Look Ahead: JV Hockey

JV Hockey is back and has some new faces on the ice.

This season, multiple new hockey players are in the high school and getting their first taste of high school hockey. For the upcoming season, I asked junior varsity players about their thoughts on this year.

Gage Fielder, sophomore defenseman, reflected on the loss of plays to the varsity squad. 

We’re losing a lot of good players from last year so having new players move up and fill those spots,” he said. 

The JV team will have to overcome that challenge this season to set up a good record this year. But who will fill those roles? There are a couple freshmen planning on playing this year for Alden but the two key players that moved up are center and left wing Trent Hoffman and defensemen Jack Sperducti.

The freshmen coming up this year are used to winning, Jack Sperducti told me.

“In modified we took home the division,” he said, adding that he also plans on doing it again this year. The boys are predicting a good season though.

Asked to predict this season’s record for JV hockey, the players projected twelve wins and four losses this season. They told me their team will have great chemistry this season, as they have all played together.

You are probably wondering where the JV hockey team practices and plays their games. The JV boys play at East Aurora Classic Rink, Leisure Rink in West Seneca, and Holiday Twin Rinks in Cheektowaga. Good Luck guys!