Mrs. Nelson’s Retirement

Mrs. Nelsons Retirement

Hannah Kelley, Reporter

On March 31st, Alden High School subtracted one key component to their math department, and the academic program. Mrs. Tracey Nelson decided to retire. She has been in school for a total of 51 years. That includes her twelve years in school, her years in college, and her teaching career. She started teaching at Alden on January 2nd of 1993.  Over her years at Alden she has taught Algebra and Trigonometry, but along with that she has constructed the yearbooks, and was the advisor of the Youth to Youth club. There are many great things about Alden High School but Mrs. Nelson’s favorite thing about Alden is the students. We have an amazing group of students, that show a great interest in our school, and participate in many things throughout the school. Mrs. Nelson has made so many memories throughout her teaching career at Alden with a variety of students, faculty and staff. I was able to talk to Mrs. Nelson about what led up to her retirement.

She stated, “Fifty-one years is a long time to be in school plus I have a grand baby now and would like to spend sometime with him.”

Out of all her memories in Alden High School there are a few things Mrs. Nelson will not miss about it such as arriving in the dark and then leaving the school in the dark. She also will not miss grading papers.

However, all the students, faculty and staff will miss her and her unique but amazing ways of teaching. Thank you so much Mrs. Nelson for all you’ve done in your years at Alden High School!